I am in awe of the miracle of life that is the process of pregnancy, labor, and birth. I became passionate about birth when I realized many women were not being informed and supported in the labor and birth process. I am dedicated to empowering women to have the birth experience they desire. Through emotional, physical, and educational support, I feel the birth experience can be a very positive one. I assist women in understanding their options and encourage them to choose what they would or would not prefer in their own birth experience. Research shows having a doula’s constant support and care at birth can result in less complicated labors, reduces negative feelings about one’s birth experience, and increases a woman’s self confidence and security in her ability to birth and mother her new child. I consider it a privilege to be a part of such a special time in the lives of the women and families I serve.
I began my journey as a birth doula in 2011, serving women in Nashville and the surrounding areas. In 2012 I started my birth doula certification process through DONA and in 2014 I became a DONA certified birth doula and was also certified in Rebozo use for labor and birth. I have experience with medicated, non-medicated, VBAC, and cesarean births.
What’s in it for you?
- free initial consultation
- 1-2 prenatal meetings to discuss birth preferences, explore comfort measures, and share information about pregnancy, birth, and your baby
- email and phone support throughout pregnancy
- community resource list
- on call 24 hours a day from 38-42 weeks of your pregnancy
- backup doula partner
- continuous support during labor and birth
- 2 hours of postpartum support, including help with breastfeeding, if needed
- 1 postpartum visit, including a delicious and nutritious meal, while we process your birth experience and answer any questions you may have