About Me

AP_008-2{photo}

My name is Ashley, and I live in Nashville, TN with my wonderful, music loving husband, Mike, and sweet, energetic pup, Walter.  I am passionate about health and wellness, both for the body and for the soul.  I love to cook real, whole food, all while keeping things simple.   I am also a DONA certified birth doula, and I get excited about helping mothers have healthy pregnancies and babies.  I believe proper nutrition and health is essential to growing a healthy baby, having an easier pregnancy, birth, and recovery, and balancing hormones during and after pregnancy.

When it comes to eating, I don’t adhere to any strict diets or count calories.  I  believe in the 90/10 guideline–90% of the time eating whole, fresh, unprocessed foods and the other 10% allowing for flexibility and grace.  I am able to fill my body with nourishing foods the majority of the time, yet give myself flexibility if I want a piece of chocolate or to go out to eat with friends.  This has been tremendously helpful in cutting cravings, and I no longer feel restricted by what I can and can’t eat.  I have found the more I fill myself with simple, nourishing foods, the more I crave them.

I earned my Bachelor’s of Science degree in 2007, and then went on to receive my holistic health coach training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Using this knowledge, I will help you discover a healthy way of living that suits your unique body, lifestyle, preferences, and goals.

If you’re passionate about health and wellness and want to learn more, get your free Nutrition Book excerpt here!

4 thoughts on “About Me

  1. Emily

    Ash,

    I’m so proud of you and your beautiful blog! It so perfectly resembles you and your passion for health and your nurturing spirit. I am confident you will touch so many lives as you have touched mine for years and years. I love you.

    -em

    Reply
  2. laurasmess

    Ashley, you’re gorgeous, inside and out. So is this beautiful patch of the internet. Thanks for finding me so that I could visit you. I look forward to sharing recipes and stories from now on! xx

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s